? ??????????????Holy Cow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??27 Grabs Today. 312 Total Grabs. ??????Prev
iew?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Ruined Glory? ????? ?? ???Rating: 1.0 (1 Rating)??18 Grabs Today. 86 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Love in th BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jude's swallow study didn't go well, but the results were good. What happened was that they tried to lay him down on his back and have him drink a barium solution. Well, about as soon as it was in his mouth he started to scream and he refused to swallow it. I don't know how long they tried to hold him down and get him to eat it like that because I was trying so hard not to cry and comfort him. It was long enough that he was hard to console and the barium was all over his little face. We brought some of our own bottles and nipples just in case he rejected theirs and they tried that, but it didn't work. Eventually I just had to pick him up and feed him myself. After a few minutes he started to guzzle it down, but it was hard to get him relaxed enough to even notice the bottle. Poor kid started screaming again the second they laid him back on the x-ray table and held him down. If there's anything that Jude doesn't like it's when his movement is restricted.
As for the results, everything looks fine. He does have reflux, but it's not bad enough to need surgery. We're going to start a new medicine.

I had my braces tightened for the first time since I had them put on eight months ago. My mouth is absolutely screaming pain. I can't eat anything that I have to chew so you can imagine I'm eating really, really well. That was sarcasm. Derek has been really nice about it though. He just made me some mushroom rice, and he cooked the chicken I was supposed to cook last night because I was in too much pain to eat and didn't want to waste my time making the recipe I had picked. I really am lucky to have such a nice fiance.

Derek mentioned something to me, I don't know if I should be concerned or assume that it's just a normal thing because he's under so much stress. He has an appointment for a physical on the 25th, I think I'll just ask him to bring it up. I'm sure it's nothing. Or, I hope it's nothing. It's probably nothing.

I'm still bleeding a good amount from my IUD. I hope it doesn't make me anemic. Anemia is no fun. I hated it. Iron pills absolutely suck.

0 comments: